Surrender All To God And Let Him Be in-charge of your Life.
Surrendering your life means:
a. Following God’s lead without knowing where he’s sending you;
b. Waiting for God’s timing without knowing when it will come;
c. Expecting a miracle without knowing how God will provide;
d. Trusting God’s purpose without understanding the circumstances.
You know you’re surrendered to God when you rely on God to work things out instead of trying to manipulate others, force your agenda, and control the situation. You let go and let God work. You don’t have to always be in charge. Instead of trying harder, you trust more. Give ALL to JESUS and he will take ALL of you. Remember He is Lord.
Have you ever wondered how to surrender to God and let go, as you make plans? In this month of goals, planning, and resolutions it can be easy to chase after our plans instead of making sure that our plans are aligned with His. How do we do that? Let’s consider some ways to do that!
A. How To Surrender To God
We hear a lot about “surrender” but what does that really mean? Today we are going to really break it down in a quest to learn how to surrender to God and let go of our plans. It’s so important to make sure our plans are in line with God’s purpose for us, especially around this time when there is so much confusion everywhere. If you are anything like me you’ve been doing a fair share of planning over the last few weeks or months, so I thought this would be a timely moment to dive into the subject of how to surrender to God and let go of our plans.
B. What Does It Mean To Surrender To God?
Surrendering to God, means letting go of our plans, and letting God have His way in every aspect of our lives. Allowing Him to guide our steps and direct our decisions. As Christians this means we surrender our free will for His perfect will, and follow God whole heartily.
C. Why Do We Need To Surrender To God?
Full surrender to God means that we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, when we become Christians we must surrender our life to Him as well. We are not meant to keep certain parts back but surrender our whole life to Him in an act of obedience and complete trust.
D. How Do You Surrender To God Spiritually?
As Christians, we are called to turn over every aspect of our lives to God’s control, but how do you surrender to God spiritually? There is no one-step way to surrender to God; it’s a daily, moment by moment choice to give it to God. Here are some ways that you can surrender to God spiritually:
1. Seek God Daily: Surrendering To God Through Prayer
When we are trying to let go, and let God direct our planning, it’s really important that we spend quality time in prayer. Why is prayer important? Because it,
- It’s the first step when it comes to how to surrender to God and let go ours.
- It changes our perspective.
- It shifts our focus more to our Creator than self.
- It’s a direct line to communicate to God.
- It’s places our plans before Him as we seek direction.
- It reminds us to rely on Him totally.
- It allows us to seek His will every moment.
2. Seek God’s Will: Let Go And Let God in to Direct Our Plans
The best way to seek God’s will when you are trying to let go and let God direct your step is to spend time in your Bible. The Bible is the living, breathing word of God which makes it the best way to spend time with him. As you read your Bible you’ll be able to decide if
- Your plans line up with God’s.
- If your goals are Godly ones.
- And often find direction as you seek how to surrender to God and let go of your plans.
3. Seek Godly Counsel: How To Surrender To God and Let Go
The next step in how to surrender to God and let go of our plans is to seek out godly Christians that we trust and listen to their counsel. They will be able to pour into your life and are often removed from the situation enough that they can bring a fresh view to the table as you let go and let God direct your steps. At the very least these people can pray for you as you seek God’s will in your life and planning.
4. Seek God by Fasting: Let Go and Let God in
Fasting goes hand in hand with prayer, as you seek how to surrender to God and let Him lead you through the pages of life here on earth. It’s very important for you to learn the secret of fasting as a child of God.
5. Learn to Wait on God: How To Surrender To God
Sometimes when we are trying to figure out how to surrender to God and let go of our plans, we forget that we need to wait on God. We can’t just throw up a prayer, get some advice, and charge ahead. We need to be in step with God so that not only did we seek Him in the planning, but also in the timing. While you’re in the waiting stages of surrender, focus on the prayer, spending time in the Word of God, learn to listen to God attentively and keep doing the last thing He told you to do.
E. Some Bible Verses On Surrendering To God
These are some of our favorite Bible verses about surrendering to God to help you let go of your plans and let God take control:
- Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long. Psalm 25:5 ESV
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
- I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Romans 12:1
- And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:10
- “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations; I will be exalted in the earth!” Psalm 46:10
- Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7
- Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
F. Totally Surrendering To God and Letting Go
Surrendering and letting go is never going to be easy, our natural instincts urge us to move on with our plans and our timetable. And sometimes we make a plan assuming that it’s from God, and try to force Him into it. But this isn’t surrender, and can only end in pain, frustration, and heartbreak. Let go of your plans, and let God direct your path. He has had a plan for your life since the beginning of time, no step along your journey has been missed. Trust Him, and surrender your plans before Him as a sacrifice to your savior. Don’t say I’m waiting on God for this or that. The truth is God is WAITING on you for a long time. Listen to Him and learn to trust and Obey HIM.